Saturday, December 27, 2014

8 things to get rid of

I saw a few people mentioning Apartment Therapy and their January Cure and decided I would sign up, too. Since then, even more bloggers that I read regularly have signed up and I'm kind of starting to get excited now. I have a very busy January and February ahead of me so I might only actually manage to do one or two days but that's still more than I would do otherwise so it's all good. I've been browsing the apartment therapy site and found an article that seemed like it would be a quick, fun fix for a bit of decluttering. Seems like I've already done most of them though. Oh well.


  1. Coffee mugs - while I do have quite a few, I don't have many more than I use on a regular basis.
  2. Travel size toiletries - don't have any, never take any the odd time I do stay in a hotel.
  3. Old medication - did this a few years ago and now check everything at least once a year.
  4. Vases - ha! I wish. I usually end up using jars for flowers. I have four vases, three of them quite small and only suitable for one or two flowers.
  5. Food storage containers - well, we all know how much I love Tupperware and between that and preserving activities, I do have a lot but again, I do use it all so nothing much there to get rid of. I could, admittedly be far better organised though. 
  6. Party supplies - I think last year I finally managed to use up the last paper napkins I had (I think they were five years old). I have one set of birthday candles and as for ordinary candles, well, I have an awful lot of them but use them every day. I've actually got very little in the way of plastic cutlery left and will need to keep an eye out next summer - I try to buy sturdy stuff that can be washed and re-used often.
  7. Craft supplies - okay, probably could do with getting rid of or starting to use some of this up. On the plus side, what I have is more or less restricted to one cupboard and is semi-organised.
  8. Books - did a huge clearout before leaving Ireland and am strict now on only keeping paper books that I will read again and again.

1 comment:

HappinessSavouredHot (Julie Saint-Mleux) said...

Getting rid of stuff is so empowering! I have been doing it for 2 years now, and I am planning to speed up and become even more hardcore in the new year.