Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday night chit-chat

As I did last week, I'm posting this on my Sunday evening.  Given the time difference between here and Canada I will have posted before the lead post goes up on Half-Dozen Daily so I will come back to edit this post with a proper link-up and the bonus question.

One of my favourite pieces of Tupperware.  I only bought it in order to be able to demonstrate it at parties and somehow it became something I use every week.



What are you:
Reading?
The Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith

Watching?
Finally saw The Dark Knight and even watch a second film this evening.  Perhaps Die Dienstagsfrauen, a comedy/drama about a group of women on the Camino de Santiago.

Listening to?

The sound of the dehydrator in the hallway

Cooking/Baking?

First attempt at pulled pork finished and accompanied it with pineapple rice

Happy you accomplished this week?

Made it to the English Speakers' Circle dinner and am encouraged to go to some of their talks this year.  Also very happy that I managed to more or less stick to my meal plan and my budget, as well as plan fresh ones for the coming week.

Looking forward to next week?

Lunch with a very interesting colleague during the week.  Dinner and finally getting to see The Intouchables in a friend's house on Friday.

Thankful for today?

Being able to decide, given the minus temperatures outside for a lot of the day, that it was a good day to not even bother getting properly dressed in, mooching around the place and turning on the heating more than I usually would.  It's nice to have the luxury to do so.


Bonus Question:
What is your favourite board game?
I think I'd have to say Cleudo.  I haven't played any board games for years really, although Clickclackgorilla did introduce me to Boggle when I visited a few weeks ago.  I suppose that's not really a board game but it belongs in the same category for me and is high on my list of things to acquire sometime soon.  I also remember enjoying Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit, although I haven't played either of them for years either.  The last time I played Trivial Pursuit it was the new one (so about seven years ago now I think) and I found it very frustrating because after twenty years or so, I'd only just started to get the hang of the original one!

If you fancy joining in with the Sunday night chit-chat, head over to My 1/2 Dozen Daily and link up.

3 comments:

~Carla~ said...

That book sounds interesting... what's it about? I'm a die hard carnivore, so something i'd probably enjoy! lol! Your dinner sounds soo good! Yum!! Thanks for playing along again!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I really enjoy Boggle too! It was fun reading your Chit-Chat post:) Have a great week.

Moonwaves said...

Carla - Lierre Keith was a vegetarian for over twenty years and a vegan for a part of that as well. The book is about her realisation and growing knowledge once she started educating herself about how our bodies need animal protein. I've only read a couple of chapters but I've already gotten chills reading the list of ailments and serious illnesses she had (and for some, will always suffer from) as a result of her vegan/vegetarian diet. It explores some of the arguments used by the vegetarian camp to convince people to stop eating meat and how they have no real basis in fact and/or a very limited logic behind them, e.g. the old misleading chestnut about how it takes so much more grain to feed a cow to get a pound of meat than if you would just eat the grain directly, ignoring the fact that cows are just not supposed to eat grains, not to mention the fact that grains don't grow everywhere and what cows can do is eat the grass (which humans can't digest) that might grow where nothing else does. It's interesting. Especially since The China Study is another book I have lined up to read soon and that recommends a plant-based diet. I'm looking forward to the juxtaposition of the two.

Kat - I need to get my hands on a game so that I can practice at home in secret. Then I'm going to challenge my sister to a game next time I visit her (and hope that the version I know she has isn't a French one!)