Tuesday, August 09, 2016

Your Body Language Shapes Who You Are | Amy Cuddy | TED Talks

I heard about the idea of the Wonder Woman stance on the Mr. Money Mustache forum the other day and went looking for the TED talk referenced. Think this is it and it is really interesting. I have always been amazed at how the "fake it till you make it" idea works and honestly don't use it for long periods of time because, like so many things, I just forget.




I think that it would be very useful to try and keep these power poses in mind and I will be trying to use them in the future. The science behind it, particularly the sinking of cortisol, is very interesting. Although, let's be honest, it's the Wonder Woman stance I'll be trying the most. And I am definitely planning on making myself some bright blue knickers with gold stars on them to keep as my special interview knickers, too.

No comments: