Monday, January 04, 2016

This and that

Cleared out my gmail account a bit today (it's the one I mostly use for newsletters and signing up for anything that might lead to spam). I don't like using gmail so apart from keeping an eye on what's coming in using the app on my phone, I only log in every few weeks to delete stuff. I'm slowly unsubscribing to lots of things, too. I get a newsletter from a local drugstore type shop every week. Similar to Aldi or Lidl, they sell a small range of non-grocery items that changes every week and I do find it handy to keep an eye on what they have. There's a branch just across the road from me but getting the newsletter means I don't succumb to the temptation to just pop in and see what's on offer. Today, I was planning on going over there anyway as I've spent the last few days collecting old photos onto an SD card so that I can finally get them printed out. Mostly christmas photos as I've now had my christmas book for ten years but only have photos from one year in it. Typical. I started it in 2005 and in 2006 I got a digital camera. So that explains that.

In this week's newsletter, however, they had a special offer for ordering photos online for online 5c per 10x15cm print. Since I have 44 photos I want to get printed (there will be more but that's a start) I clicked through to see the terms and conditions. And was promptly offered the option to participate in a survey on their online photo services. So I did, it took all of three or four minutes and I'll be entered into a draw to win a €50 voucher or a mini iPad. And then the bit I had missed when I started the survey - just for completing the survey, I received a €5 voucher for their photo service. Yay. Together with the special offer, I was able to order my prints, arrange for them to be delivered to the branch near me for collection and I still have nearly €2 of credit left. What a great start to the new year, thanks Rossmann!



I should head out now for a walk but I think I'm going to do another round of knitting on the shawl I'm doing (sister's birthday present - for last October!) first. My feet are all snug in my felt slippers and I don't really want to move just yet.

I got these nearly a year ago and they're still going strong. And best of all, it's so easy to throw them into the washing machine to wash. I did that on Friday (everywhere I stayed over the holidays was a house with cats and/or dogs and they were covered in animal hairs) and since they take a couple of days to dry out, am only getting them 'back' today. Happy me.




On the schedule for the rest of the day apart from walking is finishing filling out the form to get my information sent from the Irish social welfare office and making some more carrot, cumin and kidney bean burgers for the freezer. A fairly gentle start to the week, just what I need.

No comments: