Sunday, January 05, 2014

Sunday night chit-chat and sealed pot challenge update

Haven't done one of these for a while so I thought I'd maybe get back into the habit now that tomorrow will see me back to a 'normal' working week again.

No photo today though, just a quote from the comments on SFT's post today that I really liked:

Follow your head and your heart won't understand, follow your heart and your head will work it out

What are you:
Reading
Sweet Tooth by Ian McEwan - one of my birthday presents. Bit slow-going but good so far.

Watching
Gilmore Girls - blast from the past. Also watched Tootsie earlier today - love that film.

Listening to
Nothing much - just the Gilmore Girls.

Cooking/baking
Nothing today - still dosed with a cold so taking it easy.

Happy you accomplished this week
I iced my very first cake. Also managed to do pretty well on cooking the food that I have on hand. And kept on top of the washing-up, even today when I had already told myself that I didn't need to do it if I didn't feel up to it.

Looking forward to next week
Hopefully getting better!

Grateful for this week
A warm place to be sick in peace and quiet, with enough food in the house to get by on. And a good internet connection - what did we do before it?

Bonus question: Do you enjoy any winter sports?
Eh, no. Don't really enjoy any sports to be completely honest. A nice walk or a quick swim is about it as far as my enjoyment goes. And while a brisk walk when it's chilly out but you're wrapped up warm is lovely, I'm very bad as far as balance and keeping it goes so I don't really like walking when it's icy or slippy.

If you want to join in with Sunday night chit-chat, post away and then head over to Half-Daily Dozen to link up.

Sealed pot update
Not doing too badly with my pots this week. I've had quite a few 50c pieces to go into my phone-box one, have made start on my 5 euro one and cleared my purse of all other change several times to go into the main pot.
The sealed pot challenge is hosted by SFT - head over there if you'd like to see how others are doing with their pots this week.

No comments: