Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday night chit-chat

I missed this last week but as in previous weeks I'm posting on my Sunday evening.  Given the time difference between here and Canada, where the host of Sunday Night Chit-Chat is based, I will have posted before the lead post goes up there so I will come back later or tomorrow to edit this post with a proper link-up and the bonus question.


This disaster area (the table in my sitting room) must be tackled next week - I want this space back!


What are you...
Reading
Still working my way through the Vegetarian Myth by Lierre Keith but interspersing it with the more light-hearted but eminently interesting and thoroughly enjoyable 1,227 QI Facts to Blow your Socks off compiled by John Lloyd, John Mitchinson and James Harkin (did you know, for example, that the 10,000 trillion ants in the world weigh about the same as all the human beings?  Or that when we blush, our stomach lining goes red, too?)

Watching
An episode of the Mentalist (Simon Baker really is impossibly handsome) and then the rest of the documentary The Light Bulb Conspiracy

Listening to
The traffic outside and the bubbling of the casserole on the stovetop that I should have gone and checked at least fifteen minutes ago

Baking/Cooking
Garlicky turkey cushions and rustic turkey and orange pot

Happy you accomplished this week
The washing up

Looking forward to next week
Finally getting better (fingers crossed) and being able to go back to choir on Wednesday

Thankful for today
Being able to read.  

BONUS QUESTION: What chore around the house do you dread doing the most?
I don't really dread any chores but I think I do dislike dusting the most.  The benefit to that, though, is that I realised a few years ago that having lots of little knick-knacks around (which I was somewhat prone to doing) meant more dusting.  So my desire to make the dusting as easy as possible to do led to quite a bit of decluttering and, more importantly, to a complete change in how I looked at all those cute little bits and pieces.  Now I just ask myself if I'm prepared to have to dust it on a regular basis and usually decide it's not, saving myself money at the same time as not gathering any more stuff.  

Thanks as always to Carla at Half-Dozen Daily for hosting Sunday Night Chit-Chat.  If you'd like to join in head on over there and link up.

1 comment:

~Carla~ said...

Your dinner sounds amazing.. mmm!! That is quite the pile you get to tackle!! Good luck! Post an after photo.... i'd love to see it!