Saturday, March 05, 2011

Meal plan - 5 March 2011

I went to the market this morning for only the second time since christmas.  I mostly restrained myself but still managed to spend about twenty euro. 

This is what I bought:
  • 1 red cabbage
  • 4 leeks
  • 6 eggs
  • 2 pork fillets/steaks
  • 8 slices kasseler ham
  • 10 apples
  • 1 litre milk
  • 1 container of yoghurt
  • 1 full and 1 half butter (the half was for the folks at the biogarten)
  • 2 small wedges of cheese (they sell off the 'awkward' corners of cheeses for a bit less than the full price of buying a nice square bit)
  • Half a loaf of bread from the bakery
So I have a lot to choose from.  The pork was an impulse buy but everything else was what I intended to get.  I also called into the organic supermarket later on and bought some washing powder and stain remover - I usually use soap nuts but after years of no problems, the last few times that I have washed white clothes (I don't own many white clothes) I have started to have the same problem others have reported as well, i.e. faint but distinct orangey/brown stains.  Very bizarre that it only happens with white clothes and probably worth a bit more research on my part but in the meantime between getting application photos done and performing in a concert that also required white, I actually have a good load of whites and wanted to make sure none of it was ruined.

Back on topic, this is what I have/have the makings for this week:
  • 3 portions pumpkin and lentil soup
  • Fried potatoes (leftover potatoes from yesterday) with pork, onions and apples
  • Leek and potato soup
  • Ham and cheese pancakes
  • The other piece of pork
  • Red cabbage with onions, apples and lardons
  • Cheese and chutney with bread
Monday is a bank holiday here so I will easily be able to be at home to cook.

Saturday
One portion pumpkin and lentil soup (very shortly)
Ham and cheese pancakes (after cleaning the floors, the bathroom and myself, this will be a lovely treat)

Sunday
One portion pumpkin and lentil soup
Fried potatoes with pork, onions and apple

Monday
Leek and potato soup
Other piece of pork with rice

Tuesday
Going out for lunch
Pumpkin soup (last portion)

Wednesday
Leek and potato soup
Red cabbage dish (no choir rehearsal so will be home in the evening to cook)

Thursday
Leek and potato soup
Red cabbage

Friday
Red cabbage
Something random for dinner

No comments: