Saturday, July 24, 2010

New blog

I've been thinking for a while about setting up a separate blog to track my eating and for whatever reason just decided to randomly start it now. Much like what happened when I started this blog I hadn't really put much detailed thought into it beforehand and so I've just decided to stick with the type of name I came up with before - thorougly descriptive and with no literary merit :)

Tracking the Food I eat is where you'll find it just in case anyone is crazy enough to be interested in that.

I do find it useful to write down what I eat, it's one of the guiding tenets of weightwatchers and does work. I haven't gone back to ww since the beginning of December and I know I have put back on a bit of weight (although I am still wearing trousers that I couldn't fit into when I first moved here so I haven't slipped back too far I don't think) but I do need to get my eating under more consistent control. It's hard to talk to people about it because when their response tends to be "but you always eat really healthily" but that's mostly because they obviously only see the good stuff. Compulsive eating doesn't really tend to happen so much when their are other people around to distract you. I'm not planning on going back to ww at the moment - I can't afford it and the classes are difficult to get to (there are lots of different ones here but every one of them is at a time or in a place that just makes it awkward to get to every week) but I do always semi follow the plan anyway and getting back to tracking properly will be good for me. I am back to work on Monday, hating the fact that I need to go back there and it's better to be pro-active in controlling my eating a bit I think.

So my plan is to post menus/meal-plans every week (we'll see how long that lasts!) and then update every day on what I've actually eaten. I've done similar before on this blog but found that then I didn't blog about anything else and if it's even boring me, then it must surely be boring for anyone else who comes across this blog. I want to (need to?) start blogging about lots of other things, ideas, thoughts etc. so it might be time for me to start paying a bit more attention to this part of my life. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: